3/4 drop questions (89 ECLB)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, finished up my drop today. i have to say that installing the hangars were the second worst thing ive ever had to do in a vehicle. the first was doing plugs in my brothers 2001 ta..... (also did that yesterday. im still bleeding)

so, i have a few stupid questions, and i think i know the answerrs to two of them, but i want others opinions.

1. the rear springs are actually touching a bed support about 2 inches forward of the shackles. im assuming i need to cut them for clearance.
2. what are the alignment specs? i do all my own, and have all the equipment, just need to know what theyt are.
3. my sway bar is a little odd. its almost like its bent. when its disconnected, front measures perfect side to side. when installing, one endlink is completely tight, and the other has to be pyulled in with a ratchet strap to get the bolt through the control arm to get the nut on. im thinking to cut the "longer" side spacer, so both sides contat the control ar,s at the same time. thereby making the hardware side specific, but taking car of the lean induced by the bent sway bar.

let me know y'alls opinions on this. (and i promise ill get some pics when im down in the shop tomorrow. i even had it painted....)

Michael

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1what components did you use on the rear?
2cant help with my alignment specs... dont do my own (past using a string to get it close)
3does the sway bar do this when sitting on its weight... undo end links, take off jacks, try to reconnect... (if you can fit underneath)

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
used hangars and shackels in the rear (DJM)
the front sway bar does this when the weight is on the LCA's. thats why im figuring the sway bar is bent.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If the sway bar is closer to the ground on one side than the other and the main sway bar bushings on the frame haven't collapsed, then your bar is definitely twisted. I would either remove and replace or just remove, depends all on how you plan on driving it. If it's gonna be a street machine with tight suspension, ya might wanna replace it, if it's just for cruise night or creeping around in, or for shows, you could do well(money wise) just leaving it off.

Unfortunately, from what I've gathered from alignment shops, only GM dealerships and their authorized service centers(like GoodYear for example) are given the specs to adjust the camber. If you feel like being creative and want to fool around with the camber adjusters(they also adjust your caster), then do so at your own risk of possibly having a major headache after all the tooling around.

If the bed support can be tweaked without hurting it's rigidity, then go for it. If you're not planning to carry anything real heavy(heavy loads are not the best idea with static drop and non bag assisted) then it shouldn't hurt to mess with bed mounts.

Last edited: