2015 non-towing mirrors?

Discussion in 'Paint / Body / Detailing' started by 454cid, Sep 7, 2019.

1. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

I find some OEM 2015 mirrors coming up for auction, and wonder if they'd fit my truck. Everything I find is about towing mirrors. These are standard mirrors. I assume the bolt pattern is the same since people seem to swap mirrors so easily. How about the trim....does it cover enough? Too much? gaps? What about wiring? I have the motorized mirrors. I doubt the plugs are the same with 15-ish years in between production.

mirrors2015.png

1nastyobs likes this.
  2. 93crewcab

93crewcab I'm Awesome

The tow mirror are replicas with the correct mounting flange. I dint think those will work but if they do I have a set sitting in my shed that I'll put on my wifes tahoe

3. 1nastyobs

1nastyobs Newbie

I’ve honestly been thinking about doing this to my truck and I was wondering if anyone else did it but nobody has so I haven’t jumped on it yet.

4. Jglew82

Jglew82 I fix stuff

Like 93Crew said, the tow mirrors you are finding are aftermarkets with the gmt400 mounting bases. It would take a lot of work to get the factory K2 mirrors to mount to our doors, if even possible at all. If someone finds a way, that would be awesome because there are tons of DL8 and DL3 mirrors for sale out there from people swapping.

5. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

Thanks, I didn't realize the towing mirrors were made to fit the 400's. I was thinking thinking the mounting was a GM standard that crossed years and platforms.

fancyTBI likes this.
  6. fancyTBI

fancyTBI half-ton fun

I think a set of those would look pretty nice on a 400. Especially a 94+