2000 door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On our 2000 crew cab the front door locks are working fine with the switch, fob and manually. On the rear, nothing works and I can't manually push the locks down. Everything worked great until today. Truthfully my diagnosis went as far as checking the fuse and searching the forum. Any Ideas?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
mechanisms are frozen, i did this too in the yukon, got all new actuators and window motors install and lock cylinders only to find out my switches were all dead and all my mechanisms were frozen, i havent pulled it all apart again yet.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have this same issue with my 2000 CC dually, my rear lock solonoids are stuck, on mine the front works perfectly and the rears don't do a thing, and the manual lock is very difficult to move, I plan to pull my rear doors apart and swap them out, but I just haven't had the time. When I bought the truck all 4 doors were that way, but I have already swapped the fronts out.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Most likely the rods just froze up (gummed up) in their plastic sliders; that'll account for being unable to manually lock them via the knob.

Or, actuators have crapped out and seized; you can test these loose by just applying 12V and reversing the polarity for lock/unlock.

Richard

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are doing the same, but only when it's below freezing. When it warms up I was going to pull the panels and lubricate the mechanisms.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban has a similar issue.

The front doors work with the fob or lock button no problem. But the 2 rear doors and rear barn doors do not respond to the power lock/unlock. The rear doors can be manually locked or unlocked no problem.

It sounds like there is no simple solution to this problem.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Mine do this as well, but it's intermittent. I can go days with no problems, but then it won't work on the rear doors. My guess is it's the actuators.

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to threadjack, but I am having a problem where my doors will unlock on their own. My switch does not work, but I can hear the relay under dash. All kinds of crazy stuff. I have an aftermarket alarm that locks and unlocks doors. It is receiving signal, but not locking doors. If I lock manually all doors, it will unlock on its own?? Any thoughts? Thanks!