2000, 454 vortec bb engine seems to be missing after distributor R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw how do i know if my trims are good... i know the o2 are definitely sending data if that's all there is to check with that.

You need to have a tool (scanner/tuner/etc) that you plug into the computer that gives you your trim readings.

I would have to look up the specs again as I don't have them memorized. (I work on to many different engines).

If you can't, then that is when you will want to go the route of measuring knock sensor voltages. Keep in mind if you do notice the sensors are picking up a knock it doesn't mean it is definitely your injectors. This is the first of many steps to figuring this out.

You live here in Houston? If so PM me and I might be able to come over with my scanner and I will help you get this figured out. No charge. (Given our schedules work out)

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not in Houston anymore. Only there to see family these days. Ive got a bosch obd1200 it will read fuel trims.
Btw how do i know if my trims are good... i know the o2 are definitely sending data if that's all there is to check with that.

Look for the long terms and short terms being heavily imbalanced, like one plus 10 one negative 10 for example. Just see what they are and report back probably.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered hp tuners. Hoping i can figure out what im doing with y'alls assistance.
You'll get plenty of use, and fun, out of it.

I have configuration files and things already set up for logging misfires and a slew of things in case I ever have to use them. PM me your email and I can send you some things to help you out.

Last edited:

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We should be able to help you through the learning curve, just let us know how it goes. Having config/layout files to start with will help quite a bit.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look for the long terms and short terms being heavily imbalanced, like one plus 10 one negative 10 for example. Just see what they are and report back probably\

just made it home. got hp tuners registered and thats about it. still need to get aem a/r installed. truck still missing. ltft on both banks at idle is around - 10.7 they go to around -4 at 1600 rpm. dont know if that helps. I'm ready to start from zero and figure this thing out!