2000, 454 vortec bb engine seems to be missing after distributor R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was referring to how tkerr blew his motor up, racing.

Honestly, it would be good piece of mind. It's possible injectors are causing issues, but I'd think we'd see fuel trims issues too.

He will need a scanner to identify the trim issue. Yes that is how I found my issue. Never set a code, but once I hooked up my scanner I saw the issue. If I read the post correctly he doesn't have a way to see his trims so that is why I told him to look at his knock sensor voltages.

Fuel trims being off will cause a fuel knock the sensors will pick up and send a higher voltage signal to the computer that will in turn tell the computer to retard timing

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He will need a scanner to identify the trim issue. Yes that is how I found my issue. Never set a code, but once I hooked up my scanner I saw the issue. If I read the post correctly he doesn't have a way to see his trims so that is why I told him to look at his knock sensor voltages.

Fuel trims being off will cause a fuel knock the sensors will pick up and send a higher voltage signal to the computer that will in turn tell the computer to retard timing

I think he has a way to look at trims, a few pages back we diagnosed an o2 sensor issue that arose with the 0411 swap and he mentioned the trims working.

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 oh motorsports sales the bosch blk knight injectors as well. They claim that they are flow matched at the factory. Pricing to get injectors bench tested is pretty steep. Do you think its necessary to go ahead and do?

5.0 motorsports is a good way to go. For me it was cheaper to have M&D do it, but I also take a lot of diesel stuff to them and they could have cut me a break. Typically they deal with Diesels

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the o2 sensors seem to be functioning fine. I'll be back home in a couple of days. Going to have a extensive list to check off thanks to you guys. Guess the first thing ill do outta the gate is get aem fr gauge talking and talk to yall about whats next. I know mangone wants me to check timing chain and some other items. Thanks for all the help so far.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw how do i know if my trims are good... i know the o2 are definitely sending data if that's all there is to check with that.