2000 2wd 2500 crewcab bigger tires equals better mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd put new cats on, hook your 02s back up and run a good quality muffler (since all that's gone,) and you should notice more difference than taller tires...

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd put new cats on, hook your 02s back up and run a good quality muffler (since all that's gone,) and you should notice more difference than taller tires...

I still have cats and stock exhaust.. Thinking about doing some flow masters with an h pipe but that's a few months off..I'm still kind of in trouble for buying this truck in the first place

Tapatapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Cats wont help your gas mileage if its a stock cat it probably hurts it honestly get a nice free flowing exhaust and that should help

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all 96 and newer 400s have a "high flow cat," so there is no use removing it other than killing your flowers faster. I guess I read your sig wrong, thougt said you have o2 delete and straight pipes.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all 96 and newer 400s have a "high flow cat," so there is no use removing it other than killing your flowers faster. I guess I read your sig wrong, thougt said you have o2 delete and straight pipes.

Oh haven't changed it yet...forgot...I sold tsar truck and gut a newer one

Tapatapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Py0 is the rpo for the hd aluminum wheels. I believe great white stated that they were lighter then the factory steel wheels

Adam
I Hate small phones & fat fingers

I'll just quote my own post rather than type it all out:

Finally got around to weighing the steel wheels: 34 lbs! that's 136 for 4.

The PY0's scaled in at 17 Lbs. That's 68 lbs for 4.

That's a whooping 17 lbs per wheel and 68 lbs total difference!

Exactly half the weight.

No wonder the difference in the truck is so noticeable.....that's a huge weight drop in one of the most effective areas!

I've installed aluminums on vehicles before but never with this much of a difference. But to be fair, they were pretty much all aftermarket rims or older oem aluminums built before the rabid gov't pursuit of improved mpg.

Viva la tightening OEM MPG requirements!

:rofl:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Wow! I never realized it was tgat much of a difference

Adam
I Hate small phones & fat fingers