2 WD front end alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I replaced the tires and got an alignment after the work in 2018, got Cooper tires that were decent enough rated, have had good luck with them. We do have a lot of potholes and crappy streets in greater Houston though, and Mom likes to hit curbs even though she knows I'm gonna holler about it. In all fairness though sometimes it's hard not to on some driveways with a Burb or a long bed

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The last 2 ball joints I did, I just swapped out the whole control arm. By the time you do the ball joints, and bushings, its about the same cost,and maybe cheaper if you have to have someone press out the old bushings, and press in new ones. The last time I went through the front end, I was feed up with my truck eating tires. I just wanted it fixed rite. Yea, it wasnt cheap, but its rite now, and doesnt eat tires any more. And thanks for all the likes BTW.
Thanks for the advice! I'll have to see what it looks like and how bad it is, to decide what to do. Available funds also have some bearing on it!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
If there's a Bayou Roundup this year at the Blackham Coliseum you'll have to come see me in the swap meet so we can talk trucks! I go every year, and to the Lonestar Roundup in Austin. Usually in the spring but this year is on Labor Day weekend.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I'll have to see what it looks like and how bad it is, to decide what to do. Available funds also have some bearing on it!
I know what you mean. I watch every penny too but sometimes you just have to spend some to get things rite. Like you said, after your stem check youll have the money to get it done.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If there's a Bayou Roundup this year at the Blackham Coliseum you'll have to come see me in the swap meet so we can talk trucks! I go every year, and to the Lonestar Roundup in Austin. Usually in the spring but this year is on Labor Day weekend.
Ok, sounds good. I was there last year. And I will be in my truck. We have a drive in car show @ pep boys the first sat every month. Well we were any way. I put my truck in that.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ok, sounds good. I was there last year. And I will be in my truck. We have a drive in car show @ pep boys the first sat every month. Well we were any way. I put my truck in that.
I thought I remembered that you were in Lafayette. We may have talked already and not known it. If you went in the the swap meet and talked to a woman selling Hot Wheels and that kinda stuff it was me or Mom

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I remembered that you were in Lafayette. We may have talked already and not known it. If you went in the the swap meet and talked to a woman selling Hot Wheels and that kinda stuff it was me or Mom
Hard to remember, but I may have. I did walk through the swap meet section.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Not sure if the Kontinentals (the host club) will be having both events this year since Austin is in the fall. Until the world gets back to semi normal everything is in a holding pattern. I love both shows so l hope they do get to have them both. If they do I will see you then, thanks again

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. What is your front tire pressure? Low pressure wears both edges of the tread, but often more on the outside than inside.

2. What is your front ride-height compared to service-manual spec, MEASURED THE WAY THE SERVICE MANUAL SPECIFIES?

3. Excess toe-in "looks" like positive camber wear on the tires. How much toe-in do you have?

4. Do-It-Yourself front end alignments aren't hard...but consumer-grade tools are garbage, real tools cost real money, and almost no-one is willing to find a LEVEL piece of concrete to do the camber/caster/toe measuring.