2-3 shift slip, 4l60e, does Corvette servo help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I don't know if this 4l60e is original or not. If so then it has 216k miles. 1999 C1500 Sub

Fluid was fairly clean last year but I swapped about 8 quarts last year with Maxlife, filter is only a year old.

Also has Lubegard red bottle.

Its slipping a little 2-3 shift, only on heavy throttle. Flares maybe 200rpm, just enough to notice it.

Would a Corvette servo help give this trans another year or two?

Also, I cannot find anyone In my area i trust to rebuild. Is there an online TRUSTED source for these, with upgrades?

I am not doing Monster. Far too many complaints out there.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I don't know if this 4l60e is original or not. If so then it has 216k miles. 1999 C1500 Sub

Fluid was fairly clean last year but I swapped about 8 quarts last year with Maxlife, filter is only a year old.

Also has Lubegard red bottle.

Its slipping a little 2-3 shift, only on heavy throttle. Flares maybe 200rpm, just enough to notice it.

Would a Corvette servo help give this trans another year or two?

Also, I cannot find anyone In my area i trust to rebuild. Is there an online TRUSTED source for these, with upgrades?

I am not doing Monster. Far too many complaints out there.
Its probably just getting worn out after that many miles. You cant try a vette servo. But itll just be delaying the inevitable. Might hit up ls1tech and see if someone there can rebuild your trans if you dont might shipping it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on delaying the inevitable. Personally I wouldn't waste your money on the vette servo. For that matter I wouldn't spend any rebuilding the 60E either, though. If I were you (and provided you plan on keeping the burb for a while) I'd be looking into an 80E swap.

I think all the major online builders are shady to some extent. If you insist on rebuilding the 60E I'd try and expand your search area a little and stay local.

redfishsc

Reaction score
I'm really not interested in having to send this computer off and having it reprogrammed to run a 4L80e.

Perhaps if I can find a fairly cheap 4L80e used around here would offset the cost of having to have it reprogrammed.

What truck should I be trying to rob the drive shaft off of, for this 99 Suburban 2 wheel drive that I'm possibly putting a 4L80 e in?

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that's just for 2nd and 4th,Check out the Sonnax site it might be some thing in the valve body but most likely time for a rebuild.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I'm really not interested in having to send this computer off and having it reprogrammed to run a 4L80e.

Perhaps if I can find a fairly cheap 4L80e used around here would offset the cost of having to have it reprogrammed.

What truck should I be trying to rob the drive shaft off of, for this 99 Suburban 2 wheel drive that I'm possibly putting a 4L80 e in?
It would probably have to be custom made or have you stock one shortened and a different yoke put on. Unless you can find a 2wd burb with the 80e

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm no help with the driveshaft question, sorry. I'm having mine shortened accordingly once everything is slammed in there. Only thing I can think of is if you could find a half ton Suburban with the 6.5 and 80E combo to steal the shaft from, but honestly I don't think they even made that combo available in anything half ton besides the pickups.

I will recommend sticking to a 97+ 80E, though.

EDIT - Maybe a 454/80E burb would have the shaft you need? Once again though I've only seen that combo in 2500s or above.

Last edited:

redfishsc

Reaction score
I had forgotten the Flashpaq I bought to adjust the PCM for rear gear change and tire diameter (calibrate speedometer) can also boost line pressure.

I hooked it up and set it to max boost on all (+20psi). Honestly it shifts way better now, even under WOT.

I realize this is probably also a fairly temporary fix. I may be back on here tomorrow saying that it didn't work for long lol.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who rebuilds the ones Jegs sells for $1500?
Their 4l60es come with the vette servo and the HD sunshell and clutch paks.