1999 Escalade - Doors wont lock with the door switch???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panner99

Reaction score
Hello. Ive been having this ongoing issue. My doors will lock and unlock with the key fob. The doors will also UNLOCK with the door switches. But they will NOT LOCK with the door switches. I'm at a loss????

Niskalaukaus

Reaction score
Could it be the switch?
If I remember correct, if one of the switches is dead, the other wont work either.

Panner99

Reaction score
Could it be the switch?
If I remember correct, if one of the switches is dead, the other wont work either.

I replaced the switch. Its the drivers door switch that is the master. I changed both. I even put in a new BCM because I had wipers and stereo that was cutting out. That fixed that, but not the locks.

Niskalaukaus

Reaction score
I replaced the switch. Its the drivers door switch that is the master. I changed both. I even put in a new BCM because I had wipers and stereo that was cutting out. That fixed that, but not the locks.

Allright then it shouldnt be the switches.
The door switches are supllied by different fuse than the keyfob remotelocks. But that fuse should be ok as it works to other direction. Might still check that to be sure. Its the one labeled "cig lighter". Well at least In my 98 suburban it is.
If fuses and switches are ok, next thing To check would propably be the switch wirings.

Edit: the harness between door and body could be a potential place to find a broken wire, as it is stressed a bit because of opening and closing the door.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might be a ground as the door switch probably switches to ground. Also make SURE the new switch is good. Try jumping out the "unlock" side and see if it does anything... also a continuity tester might give some answers. A lot of the replacement parts simply don't work so don't overlook that possibility.