1999 7.4l lost oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in LA are you? I might be interested, if you aren't too far out.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How much do you think it is worth as is? 124k, 7.4l, manual trans, 4x4, headers, short throw shifter, intake, new plugs, wires, cap, Bosh injectors, front tires 2 weeks old
Where did you find a Blue Streak distributor cap? I was told they were not available for the vortec engine. Thanks, hope you are able to sell your truck.

renegade313

Reaction score
Got stuck, redlined 10x or so getting out. Oil pressure dropped to about 20 psi drove home as to about 1 mile from the house psi =0 , held rpm about 1k at stop light etc. Died in my yard. Cranked next morning was fine till about 150* temp, dropped to 6-7 psi cut it off. Changed oil & filter, looks to be glitter in it. With initial start when clutch is pushed in crank bearings? Whirr. Mechanic here says even if I replace oil pump, tube, screen. My engine will only have ~2 weeks worth of life. What is your opinion?

You must be registered for see images attach

renegade313

Reaction score
Mine the pickup tube fell off...it's just pressed on....brazed a new one on a new pump....pressure right back...dont run with no pressure...
73 454 Cheyenne Super....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
O'Reilly advertises Blue Streak parts.
Yes that's where I got the rotors, but they told me that Blue Streak didn't have a cap for my truck (5.7 vortec, but the same as a big block). Obviously that has changed. Thanks again for the information.