1998 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Good news for the truck, I'm going to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), which means I get to be stateside sooner than expected. Probably get back to fiddling with the truck around late April or early May. Plan on finishing up my list I posted earlier and maybe turboing it eventually, we'll see.

Adam snapp

Reaction score
Got rid of the body lift!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Also found this jewel, I'll fix it eventually...
Did you ever fix that ?! Mine in the rear are almost as bad as that, they had a body lift on and never tightened the bolts fully or loosened over time and crushed the cab. What’d you end up doing ?

Awest623

Reaction score
Did you ever fix that ?! Mine in the rear are almost as bad as that, they had a body lift on and never tightened the bolts fully or loosened over time and crushed the cab. What’d you end up doing ?
Not yet. Not too worried about it, all the others are good. Won't even be back in the states till June

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Gotcha, most likely gonna go the route of the weld in replacements. Thanks for the reply man
That'd probably be the best fix. Most likely I'm going stick a bolt in there and use it to pull the mount back in place, weld it together, and grind it flat. A full replacement would get rid of any stresses in that area tho.

Awest623

Reaction score
I bought a whipple to put on my truck. Actually bought two... A second one popped up on CL with all the extra bits for cheap. Couldn't pass it up. Still in Korea but they'll be waiting for me back home.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and throw those electronics in the dumpster. Get a marine intake, 411 swap the truck and run bigger injectors. It looks like you're missing some spacers, but not the end of the world. Worst case one of the blowers should be in good shape.

Awest623

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and throw those electronics in the dumpster. Get a marine intake, 411 swap the truck and run bigger injectors. It looks like you're missing some spacers, but not the end of the world. Worst case one of the blowers should be in good shape.

I plan on changing up the fuel system and doing a 411 swap eventually, but I'll probably just run it with the whipple setup for a while. i've been looking at the HPTuners system and it seems a lot better than EFI live, might give tuning it myself a shot. Hell, might be a few years before I even put it on. They're wanting to send me to Washington in June and gas prices are just ridiculous there. I definitely wouldn't be able to run a blower there and might even have to get another small car to save on gas.

Awest623

Reaction score
Oh, and what spacers? I saw them mentioned in the manual but it doesn't have any pictures. Would it be easy to fab one myself? And I see you have a whipple on your '98. Does it get in the way of your hydroboost setup? I've heard from some people that it does.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it does, I just pulled the Whipple and the inlet is at a shop getting modified. The outlet is in my garage slowly getting hogged out. I lost less than 1mpg with the blower, so don't let the gas prices scare you. It'll make way more power with a 411.