1998 Tahoe using 1999 Harness (rebuild)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocsGsxr

Reaction score
Hey folks, long time lurker, but very appreciative of the knowledge in these pages.

Wondering if I can get some help with a SME on this. I've searched and can't find anything on it.

1998 Tahoe LT, 5.7, 4X4, A/C (Dual System), rear window wiper/defroster, and any other irrelevant info the auto parts store needs.

I just rebuilt a donor harness from a 1999 LT Tahoe and realized the oil pressure sensor had only 1 line, the 98 has 3. Both harnesses have a tan line.

The 98 shows splits on 2 of the 3 lines.

The orange (power line) splits from the fuel pump relay at pin B1 and the underhood fuse box at pin G12, tie in at point s101, travel into the #21 pin in the C3 plug for the ECM then down to the OP sensor.

The grey line (control line) goes from the relay at pin A3, splits at point s100 and goes into the fuel pump sender and the OP sensor.

Then it shows the tan line going from the OP sensor straight to the dash..... The 99 doesn't have a display for it, so I'm lost. The Mitchell diagram doesn't even show the sensor, although I do know it is there on the back of the motor below the distributor!

On this diagram of the 98 it shows Position M being the oil pressure indicator lamp output. Do I solder the tan line of the 98 into the same line on the 99 on the exterior of the firewall? I don't want to have to dig all that adhesive out to find out if someone here knows already.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Randall

You must be registered for see images attach