1998 K2500 7.4L fuel pressure regulator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Nassar

Reaction score
I am replacing my fuel pressure regulator, so I am taking the opportunity to replace the intake gaskets and camshaft position sensor, cap, and rotor. Is there anything else that needs to be addressed while in there? Fuel rail?

Thanks

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Injectors if they are factory

+1 on the injectors, spend money on a good set, don't use the Ebay Bosch injectors.
Also probably wouldn't hurt to check your distributor gear, they can get worn to a knife-edge and cause all sorts of issues.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
+1 on the injectors, spend money on a good set, don't use the Ebay Bosch injectors.
Also probably wouldn't hurt to check your distributor gear, they can get worn to a knife-edge and cause all sorts of issues.

Why do you say not to use Bosch injectors through ebay?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you say not to use Bosch injectors through ebay?

They're very often chinese replicas.. Through the right source i'd trust them but just be careful. If anyone reading this is on a budget, look for used/ cleaned take out injectors from something. Issue with that is you usually won't find 19lb ones so you gotta get a tune.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're very often chinese replicas.. Through the right source i'd trust them but just be careful. If anyone reading this is on a budget, look for used/ cleaned take out injectors from something. Issue with that is you usually won't find 19lb ones so you gotta get a tune.
Thanks for the tip! Noob question warning, Are good used injectors something I would find from a JY or is it better to call some speed shops to see what they might have taken out of recent builds?

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my 7.4 injectors with ones from Five O Motorsports over 10 years ago and have not had an issue.

Back then, they were listed as "yellow top" injectors but haven't been on their site in years, so unsure of what they now carry

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my 7.4 injectors with ones from Five O Motorsports over 10 years ago and have not had an issue.

Back then, they were listed as "yellow top" injectors but haven't been on their site in years, so unsure of what they now carry

I think the yellow tops are the reman injectors they offer; I was going to go with them but decided to go with the brand new injectors.

Tom Nassar

Reaction score
I cleaned the injectors for now. Number 8 had a little trash in the inlet side, so other than that they look great. The truck only has 150,000. The distributor was trash. The gear was severely worn. I bought a new aluminum distributor and the truck runs much better. Before replacing the dist. I was getting hard bucking around 2500 rpms, but no codes. I had planned to replace the cam position sensor since it controls the injector firing (it felt like a fuel problem). The distributor came with everything -- nice part for $109. All is good now.