1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, thanks again to Thomas for his photoshop skills. What do you guys think of the bumper, tows, and visor? Personally, I think it looks really sick!

-Nick

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Christmas day 2012 I was heading back from Iowa and my transmission blew up in the 98 :lol: that cost me a pretty penny :bawl:

Oh ouch! Can't say I've had that happen to me, and I certainly hope it doesn't!

Well, I checked the transmission fluid after running some errands today. There were a few air bubbles on the stick when I pulled it out to check the transmission fluid, but other than that it was all good. Going to have the transmission flushed later this week, so hopefully that helps.

-Nick

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Oh ouch! Can't say I've had that happen to me, and I certainly hope it doesn't!

Well, I checked the transmission fluid after running some errands today. There were a few air bubbles on the stick when I pulled it out to check the transmission fluid, but other than that it was all good. Going to have the transmission flushed later this week, so hopefully that helps.

-Nick

Sweet hope that fixes it!

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet hope that fixes it!

Haha, me too. Otherwise I might have some bigger issues to worry about.

Well, my birthday is coming up in less than two weeks, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get my parents to go 50/50 with me to purchase a set of tows. After that I'm going to call a few local junk yards and see if they have any decent lighted Lund visors and any TAG style bumpers. But all of those depend on how funds go.

-Nick

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Haha, me too. Otherwise I might have some bigger issues to worry about.

Well, my birthday is coming up in less than two weeks, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get my parents to go 50/50 with me to purchase a set of tows. After that I'm going to call a few local junk yards and see if they have any decent lighted Lund visors and any TAG style bumpers. But all of those depend on how funds go.

-Nick

Check out this link
http://www.gmc4x4.com/topic/888-tactical-armor-group-kennesaw-mountain/

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ranchhands look better :deal: Not much I would change, just not a fan of visors.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Thanks man, means a lot! Anything you think I should add or change? Love to hear other's opinions.

Oh my. Maybe I won't purchase a TAG bumper. However, I personally think they have the best looks out of all the aftermarket heavy duty bumpers.

-Nick

Ranchhands look better :deal: Not much I would change, just not a fan of visors.

Visor > roof :lol:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Nice build! I like the direction your going.

Don't listen to Scott and his visor hate!