1998 Chevy K2500 Excab/SB 7.4L mint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hi I'm Geoff and have issues :lol: awesome truck man, kinda hope it doesn't sell!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dude. You gotta elaborate. Otherwise you might scare him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Dude. You gotta elaborate. Otherwise you might scare him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good point...but as you can see in my SIG the change in vehicles I made...the last 2 I am very sarcastic, neither were bad ass or sick lmao I miss my 400 ;(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would still sell it if someone is interested. I'd just buy a 01+ 2500HD crew cab. I am debating on changing it up a little bit, 2 or 3 inch body lift and wheels and tires...probly a 17 wheel and a 285 tire. Then step bars to hide the body lift.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I would still sell it if someone is interested. I'd just buy a 01+ 2500HD crew cab. I am debating on changing it up a little bit, 2 or 3 inch body lift and wheels and tires...probly a 17 wheel and a 285 tire. Then step bars to hide the body lift.

There is no way to hide body lift on these trucks. I'm not hating on guys with body lifts but I would NEVER put one on my truck. :hidesbehindsofa: your choice of course. We already have frame that hangs down too far IMO. If you have the coin I would look into suspension. RCX makes good lifts for the halftons. Just a thought. A 4 inch will let you confidently clear 285s on 17s over any terrain. And P2(bluex) runs 17s with 305's on a dd that will never see the dirt in a rumble strip.
:lol:

Tyler/T-Unit

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RCX doesn't make a kit for 8 lug trucks. I have had a tuff country on a truck a few years ago and I would NEVER use one of those again on an OBS. I would put an RCD on it even though it increases the track width.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
RCX doesn't make a kit for 8 lug trucks. I have had a tuff country on a truck a few years ago and I would NEVER use one of those again on an OBS. I would put an RCD on it even though it increases the track width.

Hmmmm. Glad I have a halfton. Did we actually convince you to keep the truck?

Tyler/T-Unit

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, I would have to add $15,000 to the sale of my truck and my truck is basically is new. So....I'm don't actively have it for sale.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP - 285s on 17s will fit no problem on a stock K2500. I have 265/70-17s on mine and have plenty of room to go bigger. I wish mine were a 7.4L though. When I bought it, I didn't want big block mileage. Unfortunately the little 5.7L gets worse around town mileage than you are getting. The best straight around town tank I have gotten 9.6mpg. A little highway driving and it goes up to 11mpg.

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
OP - 285s on 17s will fit no problem on a stock K2500. I have 265/70-17s on mine and have plenty of room to go bigger. I wish mine were a 7.4L though. When I bought it, I didn't want big block mileage. Unfortunately the little 5.7L gets worse around town mileage than you are getting. The best straight around town tank I have gotten 9.6mpg. A little highway driving and it goes up to 11mpg.

You sir need bigger tires