1998 A/C recirculation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wine Hill

Reaction score
Having a problem with the recirculation button on my 98 k1500. New controls, and the recirc won't light up, and can't tell a flow difference. Any help?
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it also depends which vents are being used. Don't think it will work in defrost. Move the selector dial to the dash vents and see if it lights up.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Close your doors and have the vehicle as quiet as possible radio off, accept for ac. Turn fan on high, Normally the vents will b-l-o-w soft and when you press the recirc the vents will b-l-o-w harder. You can hear the change if you listen carefully.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Close your doors and have the vehicle as quiet as possible radio off, accept for ac. Turn fan on high, Normally the vents will b-l-o-w soft and when you press the recirc the vents will b-l-o-w harder. You can hear the change if you listen carefully.
I never have had a vehicle that the recirc is a subtle change on. They have all been blatantly obvious.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be able to see the damper move under the blower as well. Look up through the grid and you’ll see it.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same issue and replaced my controls but still the only way to get the recirc button to light up is to turn the hot/cold knob all the way left until it clicks. Since I changed my controls I just assumed that is the way it's supposed to work.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

I use this truck so little, I'm not sure if I've ever tried that. Thanks for the tip.

Gonna have to fire-up the biitch tomorrow and see what happens.

I've had the front suspension apart for three months. Gonna have to set that right next week.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the same issue and replaced my controls but still the only way to get the recirc button to light up is to turn the hot/cold knob all the way left until it clicks. Since I changed my controls I just assumed that is the way it's supposed to work.

Pretty sure my '97s will light up the recirc button if you depress it manually or if you turn the knob all the way until it clicks at the end of travel on the cold side when the AC is on. I can double check in a little bit. Now I'm curious.