1998 2 door Tahoe build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My next phase of my build is deciding on an engine replacement. I have two options here. Go with an LS (5.3 LM7) and buy a new trans to handle the new power or use the 383 stroker engine I took out of my camaro. The stroker engine is fully built with forged internals and runs on EFI using a stand alone FAST computer. Engine makes around 430 to the flywheel but was setup to run in my car. It would move my truck with no problems but the FAST ecm doesnt have any transmission controls in it so I would have to figure something out there or run an older non electronic auto trans. Still not sure on the details going that way.

The 383 is worth over $7K in parts and its tuned perfect. Gas mileage will be around 6-8!!

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New bumper installed the other day. Its from Buckstop. I cut the holes out for the light bar and made my own shackle mounts for it. Its coated with U-Pol Raptor.

You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im currently looking for a rear bumper now. Buckstop does not offer a rear bumper for our trucks. I do like the Iron Cross one but trying to get in touch with them is practically impossible.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Looks good. Not a fan of the crosses in the rear bumper though... if it were me, I would cut those out and install some square LED flood lights for aux lighting and reverse.