1997 Suburban build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the weather getting better, I can now be outside without complaining as much Only thing that I hate is the wind, and it never seems to stop. Touched up the grill today and painted the bowtie black again. Cleaned the wheels and tires and shaped up the interior a little.

You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not many major updates.

The bedliner was looking a little ratty so I put a third coat on. Looks much better now.

Hosted a little meetup the other night, pretty good turnout.

However, there was a bad noise coming from the transfer case, and I am going to have it replaced, along with a motor mount. Hearing the engine move when I floor it from a dead stop isnt something that should be happening.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks great!! I like the wheel/tire combo, but I'm not sure what to think about the headlights. Never been a fan on that style. What are you running for exhaust?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great!! I like the wheel/tire combo, but I'm not sure what to think about the headlights. Never been a fan on that style. What are you running for exhaust?

Thanks! Wheels are 18" Ballistic Jesters, sittin on 35" Nitto's. I got the headlights as a Christmas gift. They aren't the best, but hey can't complain, free headlights :) Exhaust is stock, it was cut off after the cats before but it wouldn't pass inspection so I threw a muffler on there. If I was keepin her i'd do catbacks with flowmaster's but i'm actually sellin the truck.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few updates. Sorry for the inactivity, I have been very busy. I listed it for sale awhile ago, and sold it today! Such a bittersweet moment, but a truck came up for sale that I was wanting for a long time and I am grabbing it hopefully tomorrow!

All cleaned up the day before the sale

Last picture with it :(

Bye!!

It's going up to PA, so if any of ya'll see it give him a wave!

This bad ***** is gonna be in my driveway hopefully by the weekend!!