1997 k1500 suburban crankcase breather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moops

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First timer here.
I bought a 1997 GMC suburban k1500 5.7, knowing it needed work. Throwing codes for cam/crank correlation, so I went to start working on the distributor. When I took the throttle body cover off, the breather hose came right out of the valve cover. Clearly the grommet or more needs replaced. What is the right name for this part? I search 'breather' on parts.gmc.com and parts.chevrolet.com and I get nothing. I can search breather on autozone, but I'm getting a really wide set of results that don't all fit my usecase. It almost looks like someone previously tried to use a pcv valve instead of the right part, but that clearly didn't work.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These work for both the breather and the PCV grommet on my 98. The breather tube is meant to be a snug fit in the grommet but still removable.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

moops

Reaction score
Thanks a ton. My chilton and Haynes books didn’t even mention these parts.m, so I downloaded the service manual from the sticky thread and didn’t find it there either.