1997 LB7 Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun Archer

Reaction score
I’ve since moved far away from the original people who built the truck, and I’ve had continuous issues with it, surprise surprise. It’s at a truck repair shop right now getting some attention. Normal mechanical issues, along with problems with the custom conversion parts.

Question for you all: if I were to sell this truck, what price would be expected as a buyer?

Feel free to spread the word. Maybe I could list it on this site? Thanks.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i was looking to buy it i would consider it a project because anything like that is usually a ongoing project, condition would also be a big factor.
Looks like you have over 30K in the project?

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, as someone who's been involved with helping buy and sell "project trucks" it's best to come to terms with pricing. It won't be pretty.
Everyone will come at you with a "tHaT's WaY tOo MuCh" or "hOw AbOuT *** aMoUnT?" so it's best to take stock in what you have so far, drivability and the appearance of the custom work are going to be the two biggest hurdles you'll face. At least coming from my experience that's what I and a few friends have had to deal with when trying to negotiate pricing on what are essentially project vehicles. It may be different, you may find someone who'll pay exactly what you ask.

I am curious, why body swap to the GMT800 frame and not just drop the drivetrain into the 400? From everything I've seen and LB7 is practically a drop in motor when it comes to Dmax swaps.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve since moved far away from the original people who built the truck, and I’ve had continuous issues with it, surprise surprise. It’s at a truck repair shop right now getting some attention. Normal mechanical issues, along with problems with the custom conversion parts.

Question for you all: if I were to sell this truck, what price would be expected as a buyer?

Feel free to spread the word. Maybe I could list it on this site? Thanks.
You'd probably get more money parting it out.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
50¢ on the dollar is what I expect from mods, if they work. If you've got 30k in it, expect about 15 back if it's running and driving.

I agree with this and think that you also would have to be patient and find just the right buyer to get $15,000. If you are sick of it and just want to unload it, you'll probably only get $5-7,000. Sad but true.

People want stockish stuff, unless the mods are totally ironed out and it is awesome.

Shaun Archer

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses. I’m not selling it, but I was curious. I’ve been driving the truck almost daily to and from work, pretty fun actually! I’m getting everything ironed out, but it’ll take time.

The swap to the new frame was a decision by the shop that built it. They informed me that they weren’t comfortable trying to fit it in the original frame because it wasn’t strong enough. They wanted to use the OEM front section for the drivetrain, and it just couldn’t be welded to the original frame without creating a mess. I didn’t complain cause I basically got a free frame out of the deal.