1997 K2500 Which Blower Motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
My replacement only had one terminal as well, I had to move the ground terminal over to the new motor from the old one. It's just screwed to the motor case. Hell you could even skip the terminal and just screw a wire to the case with a ring terminal.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Curious if there is a changeover year to the single terminal ones.

Suburban is a '99, so near the end of the run.

My replacement only had one terminal as well, I had to move the ground terminal over to the new motor from the old one. It's just screwed to the motor case. Hell you could even skip the terminal and just screw a wire to the case with a ring terminal.

Thanks for the info. Now I remember thinking that I could do this exact thing, but I was in a hurry that day and just returned that motor. Just need to pick up another one and swap them out!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I bet they are interchangeable apart from maybe the 1st design having a ground wire attached or something. I'll have a look at mine to be sure. It's just a matter of pulling out the glove box, anyway, I guess.

Ha! The leaky cowl screw syndrome. I had that. I was convinced it was the windshield leaking. That was a couple of years ago. Then I discovered a cowl screw missing - one that threads into a hole in the top of the heater box. Unbelievable design. I put a screw in it and siliconed over the screw head. That fixed it. Now though the windshield is letting water in above the steering wheel like someone opens a tap. I suspect there shouldn't be a 1/4" gap between the top of the windshield and the roof.

Cheers,
Glenn
Yep, the factory seals have shrunk! Mine does this in the middle of top of the glass. Need to black silicone it, but it won't stay not rainy/damp long enough to dry it out.