1997 K1500 Chevrolet Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Picked it up stock with 265s.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then added a grill guard with offroad lights, and some 285-75 duratracs. Also have dual 3' cb antennas mounted on the bedside with the cb mounted on the headliner.

Then ditched the grill guard and offroad lights, put some billet inserts in and got a low profile toolbox also painted the grill black.

Then a 3" body lift went on, some clear corner lights and a set of black nerf bars.

Then came a set of 16x8 rock crawler wheels with 4.25" of backspacing.

Then i started doing more trail riding and offroading with the truck. Nerf bars are finally moved up to hide the gap and toolbox is painted black.

High Lift mount i fabricated out of flat stock, also a shovel mount in the bed.

I also have a set of strobe lights mounted inside the tail lights, headlights and parking lights.

For audio i have a sony head unit, a pair of 10" subs in a custom box under the seat with a 100 watt amp powering them.

Then after an offroading trip i got towed home with no 3rd gear or OD in the trans, and soaked carpet. I also snapped two bolts in the yoke while pulling off the drive shaft to flat tow it home. Replaced the yoke and pulled the carpet and padding all out.

Ended up getting a new 4L60 trans thats built with hardened sunshell, vette servo and all the goods.

Then I put in a police siren for entertainment at car shows and offroad.

Also bedlinered the grill and corner lights, the bumpers and painted the billet inserts black and resprayed the emblem metallic silver.

Then built a custom bar welded onto the front bumper for 4-55watt KC lights.

Just got done doing a complete front end rebuild, alignment and blower motor with 4x4 actuator replaced.

NOW, why this is in the street build forum...

Going to be taking this truck a different route with a tow rig/dd/show truck theme.

Pulled the chevy banner off, pulled a bit of paint but it wasnt faded at all.

Touched up the paint. Polished and buffed it good. Looks GREAT.

Pulled the tail lights, sanded them down and sprayed them with clear. Waiting on the to dry then i can polish and wax them but they are going to look GOOD.

Planning on:
Taking a stock bumper, removing ALL the molding and pads. Welding EVERY hole shut, putting some small leds for license plate lights and bedlinering it to match the front bumper.
Pulling the grill, repainting it.
Cleaning up the yellowing stock headlights/parking lights unless i can find some other ones i like better.
Sanding and painting/polishing the mirrors.
New door handles smoothed and painted black to match.
Going to get the sheet metal replaced with some non rusted metal.
Then going to ditch the side molding and repaint the tan with a dark gun metal gray.

First project is going to be moving the rear bumper up and relocating the hitch to take up the gap and FINALLY move the bumper up.

Any questions or comments are welcome. I would love some input and comments because its always nice to get other opinions on anything.

Last edited: