1997 Chevy Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you use a cat back for a truck cause I'm having trouble finding one listed for suburbans
That h pipe is nice and 2 1/4 & smooth bends unlike the cat pipe at 1 7/8 & wrinkle bend. Had to open up the holes in one flange to get it over the studs but that was easy.
I used a cat back from jegs for a truck. Duel 2.25 in duel 2.5 out. The first review was from a guy with a 99 suburban and that was what I was using it on. I don't know how he did it but I had to work hard to get it on. Don't like pipes rattling on stuff. The factory muffler was offset inlet to outlet top to bottom. New muffler was straight across. With the h pipe just off the crossmember the tailpipes were pointed straight into the center of the bumper. I cut the intermediate pipe to the length I needed hung the muffler got the passenger side over the axle the drivers side hit on everything. Passenger was tight. If they were 3 inches lower it would have went right together. I turned the Cribbs side around backwards and figured out how much I needed to cut off muffler end to get it to snake in there. I then cut both tailpipes even in the back and bent up a couple 90° pipes and bran them out both sides behind the wheels. I could have done 45° and brought them out on the corners but I like the side. It's throaty and kinda loud but not obnoxious. I run 90mph and it doesn't done but I worked 3 days making sure I didn't have a pipe touching anywhere. The muffler is straight through with a v deflector in the middle. Sounds good, loud but not annoying, doesn't done you out but has a nice snap under load around 3/3500. I love it but I had 600 in h pipe and cat back. Then I bought some 90 tail pipes clamps and hangers. Got 900 to 1000 in it. I was going to get another one for my pickup but the price went up a lot. The truck is getting long tubes and exhaust shop bent pipes. I hope this helps. Even with the extra cost and time I like the sound and am happy with the exhaust. I would be pissed if I had a pipe rattling on something which is why it took me so long. It sounds good and really woke that vortec up and improved torque and milage but I think I had a melted/ plugged cat