1997 Chevy K1500 ECSB 'Ole Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my build thread for my 1997 K1500. Already did some small stuff, but wasn't sure if I was gonna put money in to it or not.
Some background on it: I traded my 1998 Ford Explorer Sport for it in October 2014 so its relatively new to me. Its got about 315k on it. PO says motor rebuilt about 60k ago so it might have original tranny. I'll try to put everything in the correct chronological order to the best of my memory.
This is the only picture I have of it from when I first got it.
You must be registered for see images attach

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont have any pictures of it for during the visor install, but that's pretty straight forward anyway. I found the visor at my local pick-n-pull for $20 and bought a tool box for it. Visor doesnt match because I used the wrong paint code and it was really translucent so the silver under it came through. A lot.

Then I put blue LEDs in the gauges and my HVAC controls

I found some LEDs left over from a previous car so I threw some LEDs in the interior and in the front grill.

I spoiled myself for my birthday and ordered subs, a sub box and a Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust setup. Don't have any pictures of the sub box in the truck but ill take some tomorrow when its light out, and dual exhaust isn't installed yet because its just starting to warm up

Well that's all that's done to it for now. I'm focusing on rust repair and a new paint job now so pics will be uploaded soon for that.