1997 Chevy Half ton 2wd windows and door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acacia

Reaction score
I am sure this has been answered many times, but I cant find any of them. My dad gave me a 1997 Chevy truck, and it had no doors at all, so I stole a pair of doors from one of his other trucks, obviously with his help lol, and those doors have electric windows, but the truck doesnt have the wires for it. I would love to roll the windows down in the hot temps of the summer, but i cant without power stuff lol

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The door-to-door harness is relatively easy to pull from a donor truck, 96+ should work. Bonus points if you get a truck that has factory keyless entry. All you need to do is roll the dash down, the door-to-door harness unplugs from the convenience center and a blue connector in the passenger side dash. Possibly a connector on the driver side too...It's been a while since I did mine. But the big issue: did your doors come from a truck with keyless or without? This has an impact on whether you can just throw in either harness.. If your doors are from a non-keyless truck, you'll have to modify the wiring in them to make them keyless-compatible. On the other hand you could get a non-keyless harness and have to rewire your keyless doors. However, if you match the two, you will be able to just swap the harness in with little modification.

Acacia

Reaction score
The door-to-door harness is relatively easy to pull from a donor truck, 96+ should work. Bonus points if you get a truck that has factory keyless entry. All you need to do is roll the dash down, the door-to-door harness unplugs from the convenience center and a blue connector in the passenger side dash. Possibly a connector on the driver side too...It's been a while since I did mine. But the big issue: did your doors come from a truck with keyless or without? This has an impact on whether you can just throw in either harness.. If your doors are from a non-keyless truck, you'll have to modify the wiring in them to make them keyless-compatible. On the other hand you could get a non-keyless harness and have to rewire your keyless doors. However, if you match the two, you will be able to just swap the harness in with little modification.

I found the keys to it to unlock it, but there was no keyless remote for it, and from what i seen, most of the interior was deleted. Aftermarket weight reduction I guess. Lol

Acacia

Reaction score
I can confirm, the donor truck(s) (plural. Theres more than one) do not have keyless entry. One of them has the harness but its shredded by rats and stuff

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
In that case, you can either readily swap in a non-keyless harness (any from 96+ should work), or modify the doors' wiring for keyless lol.