1995 K2500 Utility Truck Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Just edited my thread title for you guys.

Nice feature on this forum. Can’t do that on other forums I go on.

Yes, that is a nice feature... now no one is going to think you're driving a shed, Though :)

That filter is horrible. Personally, I don't like the K&N's... they're messy and the fibers split if you get too aggressive cleaning them, and there is debate on how effective they are. I ran one for quite awhile, but now I have a dry reusable filter, that's now discontinued. I will probably just go back to paper. I don't seem to dirty up filters very fast, so I can run them for quite a long time.

Gas smell... mine does that too. I've been a little worried about it. My filler neck doesn't seal to the tank very well, so it could be coming from there. Or the lines are pretty rusty, too. I'm betting on the tank by the filler neck since it's not all the time.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Very cool, off to a good start. What are your plans with the utility box?

Plan is to fix it up nice to have this be my occasional tow rig for my Trans Am project, do occasional house for myself and help friends/family when needed. I have a good friend of mine opening a automotive repair shop this month so I’m sure I’m going to be helping there soon and getting this truck fixed some more. Once Trans Am is running, I can toss tools in the box and anything else I need if going to a track. I have a small 1-car garage so when I start working on the garage space, I can start throwing stuff in the truck box and work on the garage. I’m not really planning on day-to-day use so that’s why I’m planning to get the truck nice again.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Got the truck back on Thursday and man has it been useful. Fun to drive the Big Block might I add. It’s not fast but you can definitely feel the low RPM torque. Picked up plywood, 2x4’s, trim, and a shop light over this weekend to install into my attic. Yesterday we finished installing an attic ladder in my garage. In two weeks, we’re planning on installing floor in our attic to make more storage space.

For the truck, I just ordered some 6 AN TBI fittings from SPR. Hopefully I’ll be getting the fuel system redone relatively soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Very nice. I have attic space in my garage which is kinda nice, but inconvenient, too. You've just made it a lot more convenient.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice truck man! You went with a good choice of wheels and tires.

jonathonar89

Reaction score
LS on juice for the Trans Am I see.

Haha, no juice for me. That’s a bottle of Argon for welding. Would be cool though.

I have a ‘79 Trans Am in the garage. I’ve had it for 10 years but the project has had many setbacks. The house and now this truck have taken over on that subject.

The engine is an iron 4.8 truck engine. I’m debating building the high compression 4.8 heads and switching to aluminum block though. Basically build a high compression LS1 at that point.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the H2 rims really do make the visuals of the truck look so much better.

nice T/A project.
I hear ya on the back burner projects.
I have an 84 w62 T/A that I have barely touched in the last few years. Between life, scouts, house, helping friends w/ their vehicles & now the burban. I just can't find the time for the T/A

jonathonar89

Reaction score
Forgot to update my thread here.

Last year, I installed a brand new gas tank, sending unit lines, filter and Vortec 454 fuel pump. Basically a brand new fuel system.

I also cut off the hideous looking ladder rack.

Although the paint is chipped, scratched or rust showing, I decided to buff. That really helped bring back shine.