1995 k1500 AC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Have a 95 k1500. Live in Florida. Need AC!! Lol. If this is the wrong place to post the thread, please direct me to right one.

Trying to get some info on the AC system. I got no AC indicator light. But I got power to my relay, to the LPS, but no power to the HPS or compressor clutch harness. Checked all my fuses. They’re good. Tried jumper across relay and still no voltage at HPS or compressor clutch harness.

I do AC for a living but not auto so I know my way around an HVAC system, but this isn’t making any sense... yet. Something holding up power to the clutch. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There’s a (low) pressure switch on the accumulator, remove the connector and jumper it. See if compressor engages....how are refrigerant pressures by the way?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the diagram for your 95. Maybe it'll help. Looks like you need power at U5 of the clutch relay, from the control module AND power to U4 from the Low Pressure Switch to get power to the High side switch, then you'll get power to the clutch.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Thanks for replies and the diagram.
I jumped out both psi switches earlier and still nothing to the clutch wiring harness so I didn’t put my gauges on yet. Only thing I can think of left to check is maybe a bad ground, loose wire, or the control module. Thing is, it worked fine yesterday, then just went out last night when driving it home. Blower is running, but not the compressor or the AC indicator light.