1992 Digital AC controls troubleshooting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the entire AC system is new, the compressor is not being commanded to run but I don't have a pressure gauge to test the actual pressure. When I hit the AC button on the dash controls I hear a relay click, but I don't know that it's sending signal out or not. What's the best way to troubleshoot that? I want to eliminate the electrical side while I'm sitting here at work with nothing else going on. I did test the clutch engagement, but I didn't run it to see if it would turn cold because I don't know much about AC so I'm not going to force something to run that isn't wanting to.

ETA: The ECU/PCM is removed, carb fired 383 if that affects things as well.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the operation description from the 93 electrical manual. Maybe it'll help

Attachments

• 93 ac operation.jpg
    93 ac operation.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 4

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I somehow didn't even think to check the relay. That page is a big help though, now if the rain will just stop lol

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright chased it all down and I have power all the way along the circuit to the accumulator switch. So either it's bad or the system has low pressure, and that's for the shop that just installed it all to figure out.