1995 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a 1995 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne for my 14 yr old son and I'm in the process of fixing it as it is his first vehicle.

The body is straight and the truck runs strong despite having 247k on the odometer. The truck does have a tranny leak and I'm contemplating a rebuild. I took him on his junkyard pick and he scored a replacement glove box, ash tray with door, 40/20/40 cloth seat, trim rings, and bed rails (his truck is a long bed). I just bought a new temperature control assembly to replace the old one (question on this to follow).

Yesterday, we pulled out the old vinyl set and replaced it with the cloth one. He is one happy kid...

I have already been going through forum threads and have found some interesting and helpful ones already. I will be asking alot of questions as I'm trying to ensure that this truck is safe and reliable for him to drive during his High School years.

Thanks to all that have posted and I look forward to learning alot from you guys while my son works along side me to fix up his ride.

Thanks,

Ray

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post pics of the truck, certainly wish I could've had a truck at 14!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found the truck locally and I think I got a good deal on it. I paid $1200 for it. My son Josh has cleaned it up, we removed the side boxes this past weekend and replaced the old vinyl seat with a cloth 40/20/40 that we picked form a local salvage yard. Waiting for warmer weather to paint it grey to match the rest of the interior.

He wants to convert the manual doors and locks to power. After searching the forum yesterday, I know this is gonna be a major undertaking. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Here are a few pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Kids first chevy - that's awesome. I'm sure he'll cherish that thing for a long time to come.
Can't wait to see the transformation!

Reaction score
99' Subourbon,

Thank you, we actually spoke about that the other day. He's a Freshman in High School and turns 15 in May. He is in JROTC and wants to go into the Air Force. I'm retired Army (24 years). I told him that if he takes care of this truck, it'll get him through HS and then maybe a few years after joining the Air Force or going thru ROTC in college. He's stoked and is really into it. Great father/son project.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thank you for your service! Best of luck to your son as well. Father son projects are always great. Mine has been me buying pets and my dad helping when he can. He's not into the whole, customizing trucks but he enjoys helping