1995 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 Restore/Modify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I would start a build thread to get some feedback and opinions and keep track of the progress of the truck.
So it's a green '95 with beige leather interior. It has 273,000 kms currently and has transmission troubles. It developed a power steering line leak shortly after I bought it. When it's done it will pretty much look stock, I don't like lift kits and big tires, I like stock height and I love the stock 6 bolt aluminum rims. I also like chrome (trucker in me) I just want to clean it up, repaint it, fix the body and modify it a bit. I am very limited on time and money to put into this project so it will be a slow process. I'm currently on the hunt for a used '95 4L60e so I can back up. I don't have a picture of when I first bought it, but it had 15" offset rally rims and a huge black toolbox with a backrack. I took all the crap off it and put the stock rims on to get a nice base for what I eventually want. I will be posting more pictures soon!
Here's the truck a few weeks after I bought it:
You must be registered for see images attach

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Welcome...also in Ontario.....You might have a hard time finding a trans, as the 95s were a stand alone year. Other years, the electronics are different. Might be easier just to get yours rebuilt....at least you know it will be good and you can get it beefed up a bit.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
Welcome...also in Ontario.....You might have a hard time finding a trans, as the 95s were a stand alone year. Other years, the electronics are different. Might be easier just to get yours rebuilt....at least you know it will be good and you can get it beefed up a bit.

Yes sir! Thanks, what area are you from? I'm in southwestern Ont. I have been having a hard time but don't have the $1800 for a rebuild right now. I actually want to get a Factory Reman from GM, that way I know it's done right.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
Here's some more pictures:

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
It Needs:

-Transmission Replaced or Rebuilt (no reverse)
-Back Brakes
-New Tires
-New Back Bumper
-New Tail and Headlights
-New Front Fender (wrecked when wheel came off going down the road)
-New Cab Corners, Rockers, and Rear Wheel Arches
-New Rim

I don't have a whole lot of time but I work on it when I can. I bought new power steering lines, a new air filter, and put new calipers on. I have a new wheel cylinder to put in and all new brake lines and front end/steering parts.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
Well I finally got the truck in this weekend, pulled the wheels and started to bleed the brakes but was stopped by a leaky wheel cylinder, so replaced that and the line from the splitter at the back axle, and we are going to try again today. hopefully everything goes well! I'll post pics later.

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
Here's an update:
I bought another '95 ECSB with a much better drivetrain. I took the motor and trans out and I'm currently working on swapping the transmissions so it will back up once again! Also installing a cooler to hopefully avoid future issues, then I can start doing cosmetics and making her look pretty.

Last edited: