1994 K2500 454 7.4L Proper Oil Pressure When Hot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OB1214

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sending unit is way back near the distributor. Remove the cap to get better access. Even then you'll remove the sender almost just by feel.

You need a special socket to remove it. A little 1/4" flex head ratchet is how I removed nine.
I have gen 6 454 my block has a pipe plug above the oil filter can one tap in there too for a mechanical gauge, or will they be different readings?

CaliK2500

Reaction score
Thanks to packer0440 and this thread, I was finally able to find the oil pressure sensor on my 1993 K2500 Suburban. The location of the oil pressure sensor on the 454 TBI / 7.4L GMT400 is indeed in FRONT on the engine on the driver side, not near the distributor.

On the 1993 Suburban 454 it is easy to find once you know where to look - in front.

I used GM Oil Pressure Sensor part 19244500, and Lisle 13250 Oil Pressure Switch Socket.

My switch was actually physically broken and leaking oil in addition to sending erratic readings. It also kept the fuel pump running nonstop even when the car was off. This is how we figured out it wasn't working right.

* posting this for the next person who can't find the location of the oil pressure sensor on the 454 *