1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
What a great looking truck. Pretty much what mine would have looked like when it was new, and what I want it to look like when I'm done fixing it up, but it won't be anywhere near as nice as yours. Also funny that you bought a truck from the north to bring down south, usually it's us northerners buying up the southern rust free trucks and bringing them up here.
That’s funny. I had just looked through your build thread before I saw your comment on mine. I thought the same thing, twin brother! I was lucky to find a great truck. I searched for about 10 years till the right one came along. Here’s a pic from this morning. I started a thread “To stripe or not to stripe” and the majority said yes. So, the pinstripes added last weekend will be staying. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome rocker trim, but it was on there when I got the truck. There's probably no rust underneath, but you never know. To avoid any surprises, it's staying too. Keep plugging along. After three years of ownership I’m still working on mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s funny. I had just looked through your build thread before I saw your comment on mine. I thought the same thing, twin brother! I was lucky to find a great truck. I searched for about 10 years till the right one came along. Here’s a pic from this morning. I started a thread “To stripe or not to stripe” and the majority said yes. So, the pinstripes added last weekend will be staying. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome rocker trim, but it was on there when I got the truck. There's probably no rust underneath, but you never know. To avoid any surprises, it's staying too. Keep plugging along. After three years of ownership I’m still working on mine.
I'm with the majority, the pinstripe looks good on there. Mine has a similar one, and once the truck gets repainted I intend on pinstriping it again. Also I hear you on the rocker trim. I don't mind the rocker trim actually, but a red truck with minimal chrome just looks so clean. I may or may not put mine back on after paint, not sure yet.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I'm with the majority, the pinstripe looks good on there. Mine has a similar one, and once the truck gets repainted I intend on pinstriping it again. Also I hear you on the rocker trim. I don't mind the rocker trim actually, but a red truck with minimal chrome just looks so clean. I may or may not put mine back on after paint, not sure yet.
You can certainly leave the rocker trim off for a while and see if you like it. BTW; if you choose to add new wheel well trim after a repaint, my trim was replaced from LMC. It's one of the things I did as I was rehabbing the wheel wells and frame. It's aluminum and not as sturdy as factory chrome trim but it's a cheap and easy replacement. Best of luck on your project!

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can certainly leave the rocker trim off for a while and see if you like it. BTW; if you choose to add new wheel well trim after a repaint, my trim was replaced from LMC. It's one of the things I did as I was rehabbing the wheel wells and frame. It's aluminum and not as sturdy as factory chrome trim but it's a cheap and easy replacement. Best of luck on your project!
Yeah that's what I was thinking with the rocker trim. After it gets painted, I think I'll run it for a while completely debadged and see how I like it. I plan to put on new fender trim, impact strips, and any badging/the 4x4 decal. And thanks!

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking with the rocker trim. After it gets painted, I think I'll run it for a while completely debadged and see how I like it. I plan to put on new fender trim, impact strips, and any badging/the 4x4 decal. And thanks!
I just went back and looked at yours. I saw that you have the wide fender flares on it now. You have a lot you can play around with as you go to get it exactly like you want it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
IIRC the factory wheel well trim is anodized aluminum...on the square body trucks and the 400s. That's why you look at it cross eyed and it gets a dent in it.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
IIRC the factory wheel well trim is anodized aluminum...on the square body trucks and the 400s. That's why you look at it cross eyed and it gets a dent in it.
You are correct I bet. I do know that the factory trim I removed was a bit sturdier. Maybe the anodizing process. The LMC trim is more polished/bright aluminum. Certainly not anodized. In fact, I had to have THREE new pieces replaced by LMC because of damage during shipping or just poor QC. I finally ended up with four decent trim pieces . . . at least for now.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went back and looked at yours. I saw that you have the wide fender flares on it now. You have a lot you can play around with as you go to get it exactly like you want it.
Yeah, I put those on in high school to cover rust, there's pretty much nothing holding them on now lol. I like them, but I miss the fender trim it had when I bought the truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You are correct I bet. I do know that the factory trim I removed was a bit sturdier. Maybe the anodizing process. The LMC trim is more polished/bright aluminum. Certainly not anodized. In fact, I had to have THREE new pieces replaced by LMC because of damage during shipping or just poor QC. I finally ended up with four decent trim pieces . . . at least for now.
The ones on the Burb are all dinged from parking lots, and Rawhide was a farm truck so his aren't perfect either. I'm not going to replace them until they have nice bodywork and paint....