1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to @kennythewelder for putting on this contest every month. And thanks to everyone here for the great information I’ve learned in the past year. I’m now proudly displaying my May TOTM sticker. Take care and have happy summer!
Awesome. Your very welcome, and again congratulations. You have a very nice truck!!! Thanks for posting the pic of the sticker on your truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Thanks to @kennythewelder for putting on this contest every month. And thanks to everyone here for the great information I’ve learned in the past year. I’m now proudly displaying my May TOTM sticker. Take care and have happy summer!
That sticker looks mighty fine on your truck, doesn't it? I know it does on Rawhide.
You have a really sharp truck!

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score

Front clean up and rehab in preparation for new front shocks. Now the front frame condition matches the rest of the frame on this side. I also ordered new Moog inner and outer tie rod ends and sleeves for both sides, for alignment after shock install. Maybe I can finish the other side in a week or so. :33:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Taking her back downtown for our First Friday event this eve. I’ve done a little more work on it since I was there in May. Clay bar this week followed by ceramic coat. That was a job . . . in this GA heat!

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, to these kids that aren't even in double digits yet, 29 IS old!
Are 400s very common in your area? I still see a bunch in the parts of greater Houston that I go in, but most are definitely "work trucks". There's a couple of square body and OBS truck meetups in Houston, but they're way across town.....

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Well, to these kids that aren't even in double digits yet, 29 IS old!
Are 400s very common in your area? I still see a bunch in the parts of greater Houston that I go in, but most are definitely "work trucks". There's a couple of square body and OBS truck meetups in Houston, but they're way across town.....
400’s are pretty common in our area. Living in coastal GA, I’m not too far from south GA rural farming areas. However, there’s not a square body or OBS truck community around here. Most are used for their intended purposes, as they should be. I did talk at length to two guys probably in their 30s. One had been looking for a C1500 SC step side for a while. He finally found a decent one and is going to restore it. No mods, just factory specs. It’s a fun hobby for me. I’d rather be outside turning a wrench or doing something than inside reading a book.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kid in this pic was really into what he called “old trucks”.
My '88 is thirty-five years old, and I was in high school when it was built. If I go back to that time and look 35 years in the past, the "old trucks" were the 1950s "Advanced Design" trucks. The kid's not wrong, and it hurts to recognize it.