1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It also helps not to drive it out of town. I bet I haven't taken my truck out of town in that entire 21 months either. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE driving my truck but I just try hard to conserve her mileage as much as possible.
Drive it till the wheels come off! There's days I clock more miles in a day than you've averaged in a month. That rate, truck will last forever.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I’ve been watching @SNCTMPL ’s build thread with his son and saw the mention of Seymour Alumi-Blast, so I thought I’d give it a try. Today’s project was wire wheeling and painting the transfer case. It’s definitely harder taping off and painting while on the truck. :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching @SNCTMPL ’s build thread with his son and saw the mention of Seymour Alumi-Blast, so I thought I’d give it a try. Today’s project was wire wheeling and painting the rear transfer case. It’s definitely harder taping off and painting while on the truck. :p

Mate, I am so impressed with what you are achieving knowing that the truck is fully assembled and you have to work under and around everything else. You are a dedicated man.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. It’s certainly fun making something good even better. I’ve said before, I’m more impressed with the members that can tear down and rebuild anything mechanical. I can do the simple things, but not an entire engine or trans. We all have different talents and that’s what makes this site great. We can share and help others in their endeavors.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Front differential cleaned up and resprayed with Aluminum-Blast. The transfer case and differential may be the only two major parts I restore like this. I think black for the rest of the chassis and parts works just fine. :anitoof::anitoof:

Oh wait, I just remembered I’m going to paint the exhaust tubing silver with Eastwood High Temp paint. I’ll use the brush on paint for that so less masking required. But that’s another project for a later date.

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Spring Break for teachers and students this week! Wooooooo Hoooooo !! The PO must have had mud flaps that were removed prior to my purchase. All four rear side wheel wells had rusty screw holes in them. The forward side of this one had lots of rock chips too. Sooooo, this was the last one I had to fill, prime, and paint. Also replaced the chrome trim while at it. All four wheels wells are finished!

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Hot damn, it just keeps getting better, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
LOL! Let’s see . . .

In my possession or currently on the way:

New front valence
Repainted tow hooks
New front Bilstein shocks and hardware
New Moog tie rod ends and sleeves
New spark plugs and wires OTW
New front impact strip OTW

First would be front bumper rehab with new impact strip and valence.

I’ll get the shocks installed, tie rods replaced, an alignment, and full service with tune up (plugs/wires) all at one time. Probably when school’s out in late May.

Last edited: