1994 GMC YUKON WINDSHIELD REMOVAL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigriver

Reaction score
Going to repaint the Yukon and the windshield is cracked. So instead of working around it I thought about removing for the repainting process and also to check for any rust damage. I have purchased a special tool to cut the adhesive around the windshield. There are (2) types of windshields one with side seals attached to the glass one without. I believe the side seals on mine are separate pieces.

Any tips on removing the windshield?

Because the side seals are weathered does anyone know if the (2) types of windshields interchangeable?

Thanks for any help

bigriver

Reaction score
Well basically the best DIY winshield removal option I found was to use a oscillating tool with a flexible scraper blade. Cut along the top of the windshield on the inside of the truck. Then along both right and left sides on the inside and outside. Then along the bottom of the winshield on the outside. And you will probably still end up breaking it somewhere as I did. Although this one was already crack and not an issue it would be very difficult to remove a winshield and not break it. The oscillating tool cuts the adhesive very well but on the lower left and right corners the blade was not long enough to reach the adhesive so I had to push the winshield out and basically break it off. Long story short big freakin mess glass everywhere. Also keep in mind I had the front cap off the truck so this would have been a "really big pain" if you had to work around the hood, etc. But as I stated above already cracked and wanted to check for rust damage across top of winshield opening. Would hate to repaint and have rust bubbles start popping up there as I have had that happen before.