1994 Chevy C1500 Stepside “Black Lightning”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
1994 Chevy c1500 Silverado stepside “Black Lightning”, 350, 4L60E, (If this is a huge run on sentence I’m sorry) Edelbrock 14” air cleaner, ultimate tbi mods, injector pod spacer, comp cams XE250H flat tappet cam and lifter set, double roller timing chain, 2.5” true dual Flowmaster 40 series exhaust (no cats) EGR delete, Hypertech distributor, cap and rotor kit. Exterior: 15x10.5” Eagle Alloy 028 Hammer rims on 275/60 cooper cobra tires, new head and tail lights, new chrome wheel well trim (when I bought the truck it had the trim down the side but when I peeled it off it took half the passenger door with it), 454 SS tailgate sticker, and finally 95-98 style mirrors. I’ve always been into the obs trucks since I was little and I’ve always loved them. Stay tuned for more project updates as this motor is plum wore out and I’m gonna rebuilt it and put a carb on it, so stay tuned.
Edit: I forgot to mention, it’s got 2” drop shackles in the back and Bilstein shocks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Joselk1

Reaction score
I want my 98 to look like that. So you just have 2” drop shackles in the rear? Also what size wheels ...I’m guessing tires are 275/60/15.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
I want my 98 to look like that. So you just have 2” drop shackles in the rear? Also what size wheels ...I’m guessing tires are 275/60/15.

Yep just 2” drop shackles that I got for 40 bucks on eBay. The wheels are 15x10.5” Eagle Alloy 028 Hammers that I got from a tire shop for 250 bucks. Yes the tires are 275/60/15 cooper cobras.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep just 2” drop shackles that I got for 40 bucks on eBay. The wheels are 15x10.5” Eagle Alloy 028 Hammers that I got from a tire shop for 250 bucks. Yes the tires are 275/60/15 cooper cobras.
Truck looks great. I haven't seen those old school five star wheels. Do they still make those or did you buy them off of someone?

dlindsey19

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I haven't seen those old school five star wheels. Do they still make those or did you buy them off of someone?

They unfortunately don't make these anymore. I had the stock wheels on it for awhile and then I had to buy new tires for it anyway so I thought "why not make it a 90's street truck." So I went hunting around local "hole in the wall" tire shops in my area and this guy had a polished set in the show room and said he wanted $186 per wheel and he only had three of the polished ones, I told him that was too expensive. He then led me out around back to this huge row of rims and he had an unpolished set that only had two out of four center caps and the wheels were sitting in poison ivy and a huge fire ant nest. He said they hadn't been on a truck since 1997 and have sat there ever since. He wanted $250.00 for them and I said deal. I paid 250 dollars for all four of them and then I spent about 70 dollars on Ebay for the two missing center caps and all four logos in the center. Overall it was a hell of a deal and soon I'm going to have them polished professionally and make them look really good.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely looks good! Love the stance! Not usually a fan of an ECSS trucks but as @618 Syndicate said, it looks right! I'm sub'd for future updates, I know you said plans for a rebuild and a swap to carb, any other plans?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Man I love those wheels. They look beautiful. Nice bfs too