1993 Silverado, looking to do basic maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So, here's a shot of my throttle cables. Not sure what to make of it but I'd expect that I must have some sort of cruise mechanism installed judging where it all goes.

I do have a few missing fuses, which I'll list here:

CRK, DRL, STOP, TURN B/U

So, judging by that I guess I know why my exterior lights aren't working. Also, I have a 5 amp fuse in my 4WD slot but I have a 2WD. So, not sure what the deal is on that.

Also, the A/C fan won't kick on with any setting. Heat, A/C, all speeds, there's nothing.

The window, when I hit the switch, does make the volts go down slightly, so I'm guessing the motor is locked up/worn out, but it's 40 bucks for a new one so it's not a worry of mine.

I don't have a timing light handy and didn't get a chance to start checking into the Vacuum before it started raining but I have work soon anyhow so I'll do the timing and vacuum at the same time. Once the timing and vacuum are checked I'll report back and let you guys know what I found.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy from Allen, Texas. My 90 Sierra with 5.7l bogged down also a few years ago like yours is doing. I changed the fuel filter and it got rid of the problem. I didn't see the fuel filter mentioned above. Sry if it was.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
Got a new fuel filter today, gonna install and go get a fresh tank of gas, see if that helps any.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
New fuel filter is on and hesitation issue is gone! Truck runs like it's brand new. Hesitates going into gear though, takes it like 3 seconds for it to finally go into drive. Any ideas?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your trans fluid level... warm the truck up (go on short drive) put in park, keep engine running and pull the stick.. wipe it off then check it again....

sent from what use to be a great country...

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
Sounds good, I gotta take it on a drive to get some new gas in it anyhow so I'll check it then.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
So I drove it for about 20 minutes today and it ran pretty well. Started to overheat, come to find out I have a cracked radiator. So, I'll add that to my list of fixes. Checked the trans fluid and it's reading full, however it's a very light color pink. Also got my first engine code today as well. 32 EGR Solonoid.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
So, I finally have the new radiator, the new tail lights and a third brake light ready to get put into the truck. I have the day off Friday, so this Friday I'll be installing the new parts and getting the truck inspected and tagged to be on the road. Stay tuned!

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regarding the blend door actuator its most likely the 2 wire actuator, just changed one in my friends 94 because his was ticking like yours is, it's really tight in there, I was able to unclip the connector and undo the bottom screw, couldn't get the top one had to pry it out, breaking the top screw and what it threads into off, got the new one in and problem solved, has anyone had better luck changing the blend door actuator than I did? Got it fixed but didn't do it the way it's intended too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk