1993 GMC 305 injector question - 200,000 drip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
So as the title says I've have my 1993 GMC for about 15 years. It's a 305 with about 200,000 miles and for the most part the engine is strong for what it is... In the last 10,000 miles however I've noticed a stumble at idle which I believe is due to a slight drip I get from the injectors every once in a while at idle. The spray pattern once I give it gas makes a decent cone shape which I think is correct. I would like to investigate the idea of replacing these injectors to help with the idle condition and also on the idea that 200,000 mile injectors may not have the most life left anyway.

I know that I can get replacement injectors at a number of locations but I'm also interested in upgrading to a 350 ci motor when this one finally goes six feet under. Is there any harm in using a set of injectors for a 350 vs a 305 at this point. I figure the O2 sensor will just make adjustments as needed and if I'm a little rich at WOT then that shouldn't be a huge deal since it's better to be rich than lean and I rarely put the gas pedal to the mat. Also does anyone know the flow numbers for the 305 injectors vs the 350's?

Thanks and if I left anything out let me know I'll do my best to fill in the pieces.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... For some reason I thought I saw 40 lbs per hour as the rating for the 305 injectors on one of the sites that sponsors gmt400.com. Any thoughts on just jumping to the 350 injectors if I plan to hang onto my current 305 for another 5,000 to 10,000 miles? I thought of maybe turning the fuel pressure down a little if needed.