1993 5.7 one cylinder no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it has an HEI distributor. It's not the same as the old 4-pin-module, bigass cap HEI, but it's essentially identical to the big 7-pin computer controlled version, miniaturized.

Stop using a timing light to verify spark. That works as a quick test, but can be misleading as you've found out.

Get a genuine spark tester where the spark has to jump an actual gap. This will verify spark power TO the spark plug, although it cannot verify that the spark jumps the spark plug gap--only that there's enough power to jump the plug gap.

www.amazon.com/dp/B003WZXAWK/?coliid=I3S98D7T1J0RLJ&colid=2VLYZKC3HBBDO&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm still betting on a fouled plug in #2. There's a chance that the distributor cap is faulty, though. Everything else in the ignition system is shared among cylinders except the plug wire, and you've changed that already.

Jmcm

Reaction score
Of course it has an HEI distributor. It's not the same as the old 4-pin-module, bigass cap HEI, but it's essentially identical to the big 7-pin computer controlled version, miniaturized.

Stop using a timing light to verify spark. That works as a quick test, but can be misleading as you've found out.

Get a genuine spark tester where the spark has to jump an actual gap. This will verify spark power TO the spark plug, although it cannot verify that the spark jumps the spark plug gap--only that there's enough power to jump the plug gap.

www.amazon.com/dp/B003WZXAWK/?coliid=I3S98D7T1J0RLJ&colid=2VLYZKC3HBBDO&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm still betting on a fouled plug in #2. There's a chance that the distributor cap is faulty, though. Everything else in the ignition system is shared among cylinders except the plug wire, and you've changed that already.
Thank you I will get back in this truck next weekend.