1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
That's a cool first vehicle! I'm jealous!

Long time, no see Taylor. How have things been going?

In other news, noticed the brake master slightly leaking at the rubber reservoir seal to the body. So ordered a blue box special, bench bled it and swapped it on!

You must be registered for see images attach

Went ahead and decided to order everything to rebuild the rear brakes, front calipers and pads. I know what this weekend's project will be!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Long time, no see Taylor. How have things been going?

In other news, noticed the brake master slightly leaking at the rubber reservoir seal to the body. So ordered a blue box special, bench bled it and swapped it on!

Went ahead and decided to order everything to rebuild the rear brakes, front calipers and pads. I know what this weekend's project will be!
Pretty good! Don't stop by here a whole lot anymore.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Okay, went through this column last week, disassembled it down to the pivot bolts, removed the bolts and reinstalled them with red loctite. Put it back together, had a bit of wobble in the steering column still.

Removed the column from the truck last night after work. Decided to look at the upper column bearings, they were worn into the races, i'd imagine due to the loose pivot bolts for a few years.

Found this Crown Automotive upper bearing and sector kit, listed for jeep applications. Turns out it also works for our columns.

Punched out the old bearings, races and installed the new bearings. After some assembly, I can confidently say, this is the single best feeling 88-94 column i've ever laid hands on. I'd imagine the only thing tighter would be a brand new / super low mile truck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Alright, rebuilt the rear drums, new front calipers, rear axle brake lines.

Daughter helped strip a spare L33 core I had, so I can put the rods in an iron block 5.3. She basically gutted the shortblock by herself.

Went out for drive after fixing the brakes. 45 more minutes of her driving. Pretty sure I have a new flock of gray hairs.