1990 TBI to Vortec Serpentine Set-up Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gubler

Reaction score
I have a 1990 K1500 RCSB that I'm in the process of doing a lot of work to. I've had a Vortec 383 long block built to put in the truck with a Holley Sniper set up.

I was missing the serpentine set-up so I pulled a vortec set up from the junkyard with the AC compressor and alternator.

I'm not %100 on the wiring. The alternator seems a bit straightforward as there seems to be a pigtail. Any pointers or advice would be appreciated though.

The AC is a little bit more confusing, as I think my truck only has the high pressure switch and not the low. And these pressure switches are supposed to be wired in series to ground? And how can I wire the HVAC controls? Just wire the existing wires to the correct connectors?

With my truck being a 90' and set up for r12 I've read I should switch components to r134a including condenser, drier, accumulator, evap core. Do these all need to be replaced or just certain parts? I think the idea behind it was a system designed to run r12 will not run as efficiently as one designed for r134a but I'm not sure which components will make a difference or not.