1990 K2500 Better Days Ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all looks good from here and I bet she's pleased as punch with it also. I share your view about tranny lines and some peoples decision on rubber line. Just had one here someone cut 6" of steel line out but replaced with 2' of rubber hose and 7 hose clamps

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It all looks good from here and I bet she's pleased as punch with it also. I share your view about tranny lines and some peoples decision on rubber line. Just had one here someone cut 6" of steel line out but replaced with 2' of rubber hose and 7 hose clamps
It came out of the factory with all metal lines and needs to stay that way. Sorry if offends, but, if you use hose instead, it is just lazy.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't know a damn thing about the dash unit radios. I have read thru the links supplied here. Says to update to a newer model and a better CDM. I am very confused as to what I would do and how to adapt or is it plug and play?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Should be plug and play, if you looked through my thread with part numbers and everything, it should be relatively easy... All CDMs work with all heads and cassette decks, but if you have the 5-band EQ you'll have to look for specific part numbers of the 5-band EQ CDMs. Unplug one, plug another, and it just works.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, time has come to address the dash radio and equalizer problem of my girl's 1990 K2500 truck. She does not want to get another stock radio and equalizer replacement. She wants a radio and cd player in place of the radio or a radio in place of radio and cd player in place of the equalizer. I am open to any and all recommendations. Preferably it is not the radio/cd alone in place of the radio and just let the old equalizer sit in the dash. Best case scenario is the radio in place of stock radio and a cd player in place of the equalizer. Thanks.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, just ordered the rubber drip weatherstrip seals for both doors on my girls truck. Not the entire door opening seal that is a complete circle but the other partial seal. At the same time I ordered the body side moldings 10 piece kits. All this from LMC truck. The only thing that bugs me is that I cannot get the "2500" emblem/decal/badge that is on each side. Cannot find them anywhere. It looks like I can swap the old emblems over but I would prefer new for the new molding. Best I can find is the stick on "bowtie2500" emblem that would attach at the paint on the door.

If anyone has a part number or source for the 2500 badges that attach at the side moldings, please let me know. Thanks. The part number for the stick on emblems are either 15551234 or 15551235.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone has a part number or source for the 2500 badges that attach at the side moldings, please let me know. Thanks. The part number for the stick on emblems are either 15551234 or 15551235.

Looks like what you want should be part number 15551235. Discontinued, but there is one seller on eBay who has some listed.

www.ebay.com/itm/273164775834

Route LA Custom makes reproductions but appear to be sold out at the moment:

https://routelacustomparts.com/prod...r-emblems-with-buckles?variant=41862416335037

For future parts hunting reference, Nemiga Parts Chevrolet is a great resource. You can't buy anything from them, but they never delete discontinued part numbers from their diagrams so you can find the numbers for almost anything. Here's a link to the diagram there where I found this:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/17/tc17-014/

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like what you want should be part number 15551235. Discontinued, but there is one seller on eBay who has some listed.

www.ebay.com/itm/273164775834

Route LA Custom makes reproductions but appear to be sold out at the moment:

https://routelacustomparts.com/prod...r-emblems-with-buckles?variant=41862416335037

For future parts hunting reference, Nemiga Parts Chevrolet is a great resource. You can't buy anything from them, but they never delete discontinued part numbers from their diagrams so you can find the numbers for almost anything. Here's a link to the diagram there where I found this:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/17/tc17-014/
Yea, I saw the 15551234 and 15551235, both on ebay. They are both the ones that can apply to the door. I have looked high and low for the badges that attach right on the side molding. At the other Tahoe/Yukon forum, there is a member there, @915_Tahoe, that is a GM parts man and he looked everywhere and looks for NOS parts and could not find them.

In your 3rd link, it shows the part numbers for the 2 choices for the bowtie2500 stick on door emblems, referenced above, but no where does it show the badges that actually attach to the side molding, like #14 in the diagram.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look closely at the eBay listing I posted for part number 15551235, check the pictures. Those have the two little dimples on the back that stick through the holes in the molding. Trust me, they're what you need. The stick on ones are completely flat on the back.