1990 C1500 10" rear drum brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Ok, Finished the front with new rotors calipers bearings and hoses and moved to the rear. My shoes aren't very old and look great, the drums are worn so I decided to get new ones from Napa. Putting them on I noticed they don;t fit tight against the hub. The center hole is bigger. Fit fine on the axle but the lug holes are slightly bigger too. This looks like it could be a problem if it's not centered when I tighten the wheel down. My new wheels are the same way. I read the center bore for this truck is 78.3mm. The wheels say 81.7mm. I guess i'm in trouble.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
The brake drums were'nt as bad as I thought. I did set the parkig brake befroe tightning the lugs. Wheels not so good. I fell for the Vision 55 rallys 15x7 275 60 15. I bought one wheel last year to make sure there were no clearance issues and everything looked good But i had no idea to check tha center bore. Summit showed them to fit, and naturally I found this after I had the tires mounted. They will make cool light fixtures for my shop!

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC