1990 454ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade w

Reaction score
Peanut port heads with the regular oval port gasket for comparison.

You must be registered for see images attach

wade w

Reaction score
Engine with the intake and carb on it.

wade w

Reaction score
I got the carb tuned good. Found out the high idle was because when a friend "Bill" rebuilt the carb he opened up the secondary throttle stop a little. The secondaries were not closing all the way. Turned the stop all the way in and it wouldnt even idle. Had to open the idle a good bit so it would idle at all. Truck feels a lot better. Just got to get the timming dialed in. Did some math and figured out the truck shifts under WOT at 3600 rpm. WOW!!! Out ran my dads hemi truck like that. lol

wade w

Reaction score
OK. A few things have happened. The truck jumped time. "Timming chain slipped. It was so bad. I took the chain off without removing either sprocket. It bent all of the exhaust valves and a few of the push rods. After taking taking a few rod caps and main caps off I decided to rebuild the whole engine. I'm just about ready to put the engine back in.

wade w

Reaction score
I put the new heads on. Got a nice little cam with a RPM range from 1600 to 5800. Should have a noticeable idle. Performer RPM intake with a 750 holley DP. New forged pistons with about 9 to 1 compression. Getting a shift kit for the trans and a 2500 stall. I have a NOS cheater kit that Im going to put on it. Should make it a fun ride.