1989 c1500 cargo light mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayce

Reaction score
I just got my 1989 c1500 last week and I'm looking at options to make it look a bit cleaner. One thing I noticed was the unsightly cargo light. I looked around and found no aftermarket replacements, so that leads to the question: are there any aftermarket versions or similar items from other models that might fit?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 with NO cargo light so I would like to know what you find out. I wonder if anyone has fitted a post 93 Cargo/3rd brake light to one of these and if so what would be best to use.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a 93 with NO cargo light so I would like to know what you find out. I wonder if anyone has fitted a post 93 Cargo/3rd brake light to one of these and if so what would be best to use.

IIRC, extended cab 3rd B/lights have a different profile to fit the roofline.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my 1989 c1500 last week and I'm looking at options to make it look a bit cleaner. One thing I noticed was the unsightly cargo light. I looked around and found no aftermarket replacements, so that leads to the question: are there any aftermarket versions or similar items from other models that might fit?
Are you looking for a stock replacement or something different? LMC truck sells a stock replacement.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC, extended cab 3rd B/lights have a different profile to fit the roofline.

If I do something I will definitely look for a single cab version. Thanks for pointing out that they are different. I'm surprised GM didn't add a wrinkle to the cab so they could use the same light. Some bean counter must have called in sick that week.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shave it off. That was my solution lol

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Jayce

Reaction score
Are you looking for a stock replacement or something different? LMC truck sells a stock replacement.
I've seen that and I'm thinking I might just replace the lens(original is oxidized), find a whiter bulb for it, and paint the chrome housing black.