1988 silverado smog pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpgtman83

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has deleted the smog pump on their obs and if you did what size belt did you have to use and what did you have to do to block off all the holes in the manifolds and such thanks in advance

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Most swap to headers but it's 1/4" pipe thread iirc to delete the lines. The belt is easy, just search for a model without air injection.

gpgtman83

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man I'm eventually going with headers when I put a new engine in come spring

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man I'm eventually going with headers when I put a new engine in come spring
Let us know what you come up with. My pump just started making a bunch of racket a few days ago so im ready to delete it but I cant afford headers till next month.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I took the belt off of mine and just capped the big rubber lone off with a large bolt and a few hose clamps. I had to because I broke the plastic neck on top of the pump off