1988 Silverado odometer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's only illegal if you get caught lol.

In all seriousness, though, no one is going to care about the mileage on a 30+ year old truck. Hell, the title might even say "mileage exempt" by now.
Title may say mileage exempt, but miles on the cluster will still be considered when determining value by both the seller and buyer.

I say swap the odometer over from one cluster to the other; easiest path.

Richard

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Title may say mileage exempt, but miles on the cluster will still be considered when determining value by both the seller and buyer.

I say swap the odometer over from one cluster to the other; easiest path.

Richard

Gotta be a Texas thing. I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at the mileage on any POS that I've bought.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at the mileage on any POS that I've bought.
Must be a PA thing. In TX trucks last longer since they don't rust to pieces. Often you can find one here with 300K, 400K and it's still a viable candidate for fixing up.. some of them are still running, driving, and looking just fine. :D

Richard

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Must be a PA thing. In TX trucks last longer since they don't rust to pieces. Often you can find one here with 300K, 400K and it's still a viable candidate for fixing up.. some of them are still running, driving, and looking just fine. :D

Richard

Hehehehe indeed you are correct! Living in the rust belt sucks.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Making blanket statements about be about a topic that could affect everyone is a little short sighted. There are federal laws, law meaning it's a punishable crime. About tampering odometers with intent.
Every single state has it's own Laws, Regulations, Vehicle Codes of vehicle repair and sale conditions.
Read, call your Dept of Motor vehicles. Most public libraries will have easy access to all your states laws, codes, regulations. It's part of their job.
You know the original source of knowledge.