1988 & 1989 Door Strap Pull Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a door strap for my 1989 Silverado. I did some research and I can’t find any company that makes reproductions. I found an old thread on this site where a couple of people had made a replacement.

Anybody know a source for the door pull?
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you can eBay, or treasure pik one, they make them anymore. I have not looked but maybe earlier sure body retrofit, or wait for swap meets to start up.
Have you thought about trying to fab one yourself?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know there's enough material on that end that an aircraft guy could fabricate a new " eye" end. A little metal, squeeze a few rivets, return to service. :waytogo:

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you can eBay, or treasure pik one, they make them anymore. I have not looked but maybe earlier sure body retrofit, or wait for swap meets to start up.
Have you thought about trying to fab one yourself?
I am going to show the needed door pull strap to the teacher of the machine shop program at the local community college and see if he can make me a replacement.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a couple with the metal strap intact, but the plastic was gone. I slid heat-shrink tubing over them and left them un-shrunk and they turned out nice. If you can cut your own metal strap, that might be a solution, or you can buy the Cunningham pieces. Otherwise I think you're stuck trying to weld a washer on the end without melting the plastic.

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used metal strapping material to repair mine, did this about 5 years ago and have had no issues. Took about 10 minutes to fabricate and install. In case your not familiar with that material. Its utilized to hold items on pallets and such during shipping. You could probably go to a local box store and they would have some on shipping pallets that materials comes on being shipped to the store.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used metal strapping material to repair mine, did this about 5 years ago and have had no issues. Took about 10 minutes to fabricate and install. In case your not familiar with that material. Its utilized to hold items on pallets and such during shipping. You could probably go to a local box store and they would have some on shipping pallets that materials comes on being shipped to the store.
Thanks for the suggestion.