1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TL;DR Update: Dodgey lives again!

This was supposed to be my week off but I was absolutely busy every day. Worked on my kid's stuff. Did my taxes (ugh). Did a little traveling. Finally got the old truck running today and drove it a little bit. Unfortunately, the steering makes it damned near impossible to drive. I am not sure if it gets in a bind or it's so heavy to turn past a certain point. So, I'll definitely be adding a power steering pump. Still, it was good to get it moving again.

The clutch and the brakes are good now at least.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, poor old Dodgey has been sitting since my last post. Found out a while ago that the battery is completely dead. Apparently, my switch panel still draws power even after pressing the kill button. I should have realized that.

So, I installed this battery disconnect switch in the most ghetto fashion (keeps the theme of the truck going). I need to go get a new battery and cable to complete the install. The switch goes inline on the ground side.

I'd at least like to be able to move it around and run the engine occasionally until I get time to finish the wiring and the other 87,000 tasks I need to do on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use a house wall switch lol. My friends grandfather hacked one of them in his old 79 dodge pickup to replace a broken switch for the defroster motor. I told my friend, it took way more time for him to engineer that wacky crap into his dash than it woulda been to just get another switch from the boneyard.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it took way more time for him to engineer that wacky crap into his dash than it woulda been to just get another switch from the boneyard.
I used to work with a guy who's wife controlled his money and wouldn't let him spend on anything. He was driving a 300k Dodge K-car and the speedometer went out. He put a white stripe on the end of the speedo cable and a light sensor next to it. He then put a spare multimeter on it set on reading hertz. He did the math and memorized the chart so that he could tell his speed by the frequency.

She left town for a week once, and at the end of the week we were chatting with him and discovered he'd been eating Mac & Cheese all week because that's the only thing he knew how to cook. He was the most brilliant person I've ever known who could be so helpless.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could just remove the negative cable when I park it, but the switch was on clearance at Summit and it seemed like it would increase the chances of me actually disconnecting the battery. Also, I can connect the handle to it and be legal at an NHRA event, LOL.

Reaction score
My shop is one step below infested with those guys. I sprayed them earlier this year and I'm getting ready to break out some of the big guns (literally) at it. I hate them so much, they buzz around with their legs hanging around, they don't do nothing good to me, they sting everyone, they nested in my grill 3 times, the list goes on.

Anyway, I'm liking where this build is going. I don't know if it's easy to show it with a thumbs up reaction.
im allergic to wasps and hornets. i kill them with extreme prejudiceand zero mercy. evil flying demons......

Reaction score
took me 2 or 3 days, but finally got all the way through the thread! wicked truck man! my pops had a 65 or 66 D100 longbed when i was a kid, just used it for dump runs and the such, couldn't tell ya what motor it had, probably a 318. between that, RKG and yours, i been perusing FBM for a shorty D100. my wallet, GF and 5 other projects thank you for that! lol

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took me 2 or 3 days, but finally got all the way through the thread! wicked truck man! my pops had a 65 or 66 D100 longbed when i was a kid, just used it for dump runs and the such, couldn't tell ya what motor it had, probably a 318. between that, RKG and yours, i been perusing FBM for a shorty D100. my wallet, GF and 5 other projects thank you for that! lol

Thanks! I honestly didn't have any plants to get a Sweptline or have any nostalgia around them. I saw it and thought there's something cool you don't see every day. From there it all snowballed. LOL.