1500 emblem paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
truck is debadged got bored and had the 1500 emblems and painted them up they came out alright the truck is a two tone black with charcoal dont have a picture of them on the truck yet but i got on the grinder and burnt down those little stubs on the back to make them go pretty flush on the body so no molding just the emblems
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow I think those would look amazing on mine!! :D I used to have the red/black ones exactly like that from the SS trucks but I gave them away to another member. I might consider putting emblems like this back on now that I got rid of the molding :hmm: How hard was it to tape it all off. Looks like some pretty tight spots on the emblem...

Agreed though we need to see them on the truck!!

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Southern pride i envy your truck my paint looks very similar to yours i did it this summer in panama city and taping was sorta difficult its not gonna come out perfect but paper tape definately did not work i used the type of tape used to close boxes and just edged it with a razor blade the "1" and "5" were definately the most difficult but after the first one i got pretty good at it and did the 2nd one in no time it took about 30 or 40 minutes to tape both of them and the paint is the duplicolor perfect match spray paint from autozone factory chysler charcoal gray color 4 bucks and some black paint i just put in my paint gun.... and ill take a picture of the truck real quick

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok heres the pictures you guys and the only thing i dont like about my truck is that kinda rough paint look i was told that it wasnt my body work that caused this it was the guy that sprayed it.... hes done good work but about 2 days after he sprays my truck we find out hes got a drug problem etc..... somebody told me this was called fish eye? but im happy with my truck ive put alot into it im not complaining its come a long way and its a little dirty

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Came out great! Are your rockers actually painted grey or what is that? I'm trying to find something for mine to make them more black instead of the grey-ish black.

Last edited:

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the pics the paint looks orange peeled, not fish eyed. "Fish eyes" are little rings of very thin paint where it was contaminated by oil, etc. "Orange peel" is just a light orange peel textured surface that comes from the paint not being atomized enough so it doesn't flatten out on the panel.

When I first painted my Beretta it looked similar because my cheapo spray gun didnt atomize very well, but a cut & buff really helped.

SP, what if you just painted the whole 1500 emblem black for your truck? It would almost disappear until you were close to it, but it would still be readable all one color since it's 3D. Would match the blackout theme better than a two-tone badge. (And did you see the new pictures with red emblems on my truck in my thread?) haha

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SP, what if you just painted the whole 1500 emblem black for your truck? It would almost disappear until you were close to it, but it would still be readable all one color since it's 3D. Would match the blackout theme better than a two-tone badge. (And did you see the new pictures with red emblems on my truck in my thread?) haha

That sounds pretty damn cool

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Why not paint them the same way that license plates are done? Paint the emblem ALL black, then lightly buff the raised parts with a fine cut polish till the paint is removed & you get back to the chrome underneath. A piece of wood with a cloth stapled around the edges, & then the cut polish applied to that, will give a nice flat surface to rub the emblem on. That will take the paint off just the raised parts.
If I remember, the logos are cast in black plastic, & then the chrome is applied over top. You could paint the emblem in any color you wanted for the background, Then use the method described above, to remove the paint, &/or chrome, to get to the black plastic, that the emblem was cast in just on the raised parts.

Last edited: